Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Industrial Training Day 1 - 3

I know I've been a bit late in updating my blog with regards to my training. To be honest, I'm not really into blogging. But have to do it anyway, at least for the next 3 months till the end of my internship. So anyway, here are my updates on my IT so far.



DAY 1. It was a pretty easy day for me. Reported for duty at the project site. Met up with En Rashidi, the Civil & Structural Engineer since the Project Engineer was on leave that day. I was then brought to the office where I was introduced to the QA/QC officer, Ms Leena and there after shown my work desk. Not to bad since I have my own work desk. Like I said, first day was pretty easy, not much work to do. I just found out about the project and the particulars of the company and the people-in-charge.



DAY 2. Second day was more interesting then the previous day. I met up with the M & E Engineering, En Khairul who will be my supervisor here. He gave me a more detailed briefing about the project and the electrical works that are being carried out. Later that day, I went to have a look at the site accompanied by En. Khairul. Just before the day ended, I was able to meet up with the Project Manager, Mr. Eric Tan to discuss matters with regards to my internship here.


The pics above are actually the earthing works being carried out at the site.

This is called a riser, where the electrical cables to the building go.

DAY 3. Didn't do much outside at the site today. Did more of office work. Examine new electrical plans that were brought in from HQ.

No comments: