Saturday, October 25, 2008

Time

Hi there everyone. How are things getting on? For those still studying, its coming up to that routine time again. What do I mean? Well people, what I mean is: "Its exam time!!". Huh?? What?? So fast?? Can't be, I just started the new sem just a few months back. Well, HO HO HO, you better believe it, exams are here. For some of us, we still have the "leisure" of relaxing since it starts on Friday. But some of, it begins on Tuesday.

So fast you say? Well its funny though. Time I mean. When you want it to go faster, it sort of slows down. But when you hope that you could have more time, it just seems to speed up. Think about it. In exams when you need more time to finish the paper, 3 hours seems so short. But when you're waitting for someone or something, say the bus or train, 3 minutes could seem like forever.

So looking back at this sem, what have we achieved? Well, I can say that it was a hectic semester with the projects, test, assignments.Not to mention the other stuff some of us have to do like IET or IMeche activities. But have we really used our time well? They say 'Time waits for no one'. In a way, its true. I mean, how much time have we really made used of?. Some people say that 24 hours a day is not enough for us to carry out all our duties. But I think thats where time-management comes in. All in all, I would like to think that I gained alot from this sem. Apart from studies, it was a semester full of experiences . Actually I can't believe myself that 15 weeks of lectures just went by so fast. It was just like last month that I moved into my new 'second' home here. Well its not new as in building new, its new as in I just moved in.

However, I do feel sometimes that we need to take things slow for a change. Now a days, we seem to want everything to be fast, or rather super fast. Even that also is not fast enough for us. We tend to rush for things, want our computers to be faster, drive fast, even eat fast. But I feel we need to slow things down a bit and 'take time to smell the flowers'. Sure sometimes we have no choice but to rush, especially in times like during our test when we hear the lecturer say "You have 5 minutes left", and you go " Oh shit!!!", because you still have 2 questions to go. Now thats when you rush. But when we're on the road for instance, maybe we should pratice a bit of patience. Although we have to use time wisely, it doesnt mean that we have to rush through it.

Well, I guess we need to make time, or rather set time for not just the things that are necessary but also some time for our own. Maybe to relax, do something that we want and not because we have to. So don't always rush through everything. Take sometime to 'smell' the flowers and take in the moments. Well, I guess thats its for now.

Oh ya, to all of you taking exams, good luck in your finals. Hope that we all get the results that we deserved. To all form 5's and 6's, good luck in your SPM and STPM too. Remember, exams are not only about the A's, but also about how much we understand the subject. Like one of my lecturer's use to say, " Don't memorise the question, understand it." For those who were in the same class as me in sem 1, they'd know who this lecturer is. And to all my Hindu friends, Happy Deepavali. And though its pretty early but happy holidays to you all and have a safe journey for those who have the leisure of going overseas for holidays, like Taiwan.

Sir Adrian, over and out.

No comments: